T-Port Lighthouse is a scheme for individual filmmakers – student & independent; production, distribution or sales companies to register and upload films to T-Port online market.
By registering a film to T-Port, filmmakers/rights owners receive an online film page and personal profile visible to industry professionals.
Please also advise the ‘Registration Agreement’ below for obligations and copyright issues.
- The runtime of the film must be between 1-35 minutes.
- All genres are accepted – fiction, documentary, animation, experimental, hybrid, etc.
- The film has been completed after 1 January 2019.
- Final cuts only. Works in Progress will not be considered.
Registration & Participation
- In order to register a film, filmmakers are required to sign up to T-Port, fill in the entry form and upload the film’s file (screener).
- The registration fee per film is €12.
- T-Port reserve the right to not publish the film page if all the details haven’t been filled in. In case of a registration that does not include the screener, the page will not be published.
- Filmmakers are strongly advised to confirm the screen’s functionality before upload.
- One registration is complete, filmmakers receive an online film page and profile.
- Filmmakers can edit their online page and profile at any time.
- Filmmakers are strongly advised to update their page and profile with every change – in particular festivals, awards and screenings the film has participated in.
- Every filmmaker is eligible to register up to 10 films.
- Registration deadline: March 1, 2020. T-Port reserves the right to extend the registration deadline.
- Films uploaded to T-Port Lighthouse will be available on the platform for two years commencing the date of the account registration.
- Filmmakers who are already registered to T-Port can upload their film to T-Port Lighthouse through their account.
- Uploaded films will be available for viewing by verified Industry professionals, defined as: individuals and company representatives who are involved professionally with the global film industry for the purpose of promotion and distribution of films. This includes, but not limited to, festival programmers and executives, sales agents, buyers, distributors, producers, film school executives.
- Industry professionals go through a process of examination to verify their professional background and details.
- Filmmakers can only watch their own films and do not have access to view other films.
- Film students from T-Port member schools are eligible to submit their films to T-Port Lighthouse by paying the registration fee. Additionally, we recommend contacting the school in order to advise regarding their film upload to the school’s online catalog. T-Port member schools are published on the website.
- T-Port reserves the right not to accept, or delete, any content that may be found is harmful, violent or abusive.
- Films files (screeners) will be uploaded to T-Port during the registration process.
- Films file format: Mp4/H.264. Resolution: 720p
- Films file size must not exceed 1GB. It is recommended that the files will not exceed 500 MB.
- Films must include English subtitles unless the language dialogue is English.
- All registered films T-Port Lighthouse are also eligible to be considered for ‘T-Port Selection’ – a section curated by professional programmers that will be further promoted.
- T-Port Selection is based on a pre-selection process by T-Port team who will view and evaluate the films uploaded to T-Port Lighthouse.
- Answers regarding the chosen films for T-Port Selection will be given in April.
- Filmmakers that do not wish to be considered for T-Port Selection must inform T-Port no later than 5 days after the film registration to email@example.com
- Films selected to T-Port Selections will be showcased for a year commencing the date of their publication on the section.
- Films must complete all mandatory registration details to be considered for T-Port Selection.
T-Port has the right to decide on exceptions to the regulations.
T-Port Registration Agreement
This Agreement details the terms under which you will upload your Films to the International Student Film Festival Database.
By Clicking YES you undertake the following obligations towards The Tel-Aviv International Student Film Festival (hereinafter also “TISFF”):
I am an independent filmmaker / a student of a Film & TV School / a representative of a distribution/production/sales company (hereinafter also “UPLOADER”)
* * *
- A) TISFF, is an owner of project entitled “T-PORT” intended to identify and promote the work of talented young filmmakers by creating a central platform of database T-Port Website (“T-Port website” – www.tportmarket.com), whereby films created by UPLOADER students can be exposed to Members film industry professionals (“Members”) whom has subscribed to the site;
- B) I applied to participate in the project and upload the Film/s;
Therefore, I agree as follows:
- The Films and Data shall be uploaded to the T-Port website by UPLOADER or by TISFF subject to the following principals:
- A) The Films shall be subjected to approval by T-Port team before upload.
- B) Uploaders’ warranties and undertaking that all necessary clearances have been obtained and that the uploading shall not constitute a breach of third party right.
- C) The Data shall be available to the public as part of the website.
- D) The Films shall be available for viewing to registered members of the site only.
- Films shall be kept in database for a period of two years, commencing from the date of receipt of this signed agreement.
- By uploading the content, the UPLOADER does not become a Member. Membership is obtained separately.
- UPLOADER declares that it owns / and or controls all necessary intellectual property rights of the Films and their components and the delivered data and materials, including the soundtrack and musical score as are necessary to grant the rights to TISFF under this agreement.
- UPLOADER represents and warrants that it has obtained all necessary clearances from the student and filmmakers, creators, participants in the Films as are necessary to grant TISFF the rights granted in this agreement.
- Any expenses, costs or liability of the students and/or of any third party regarding the Films shall be borne by UPLOADER which undertakes to indemnify and hold harmless TISFF from any claims from under whatsoever title on such matters and any loss and damage TISFF may suffer following any actions or claims by said students/filmmakers.
- To this end UPLOADER warrants that the grant and use of the rights by TISFF do not violate any third party rights.
- The rights are granted by UPLOADER to TISFF for two years from the date of the execution of agreement.
UPLOADING OF THE FILMS AND THE DATA
- UPLOADER will upload to Website the following:
Films shall be uploaded in a digital format (HD720p), with embedded English subtitles;
- UPLOADER shall be allowed to upload up to 10 Films per call. The registration fee per film is €12.
- Together with the Films, UPLOADER will upload to Website the following:
- A) Synopsis of the Films in English.
- B) No less than 1 (one) still photos from the film and any other publicity materials (such as screenshots, posters, press books, etc.).
- C) List of credits and details of the copyrights owners.
- D) Technical information.
- E) Film screening history and awards.
- F) Any other data requested by TISFF that will be required by the T-Port Project.
- UPLOADER shall be allowed to upload the Films and the Data no later than 7 days from the confirmation of the subscription of UPLOADER. Upload is conditioned on receipt of UPLOADER’s subscription agreement by TISFF.
- TISFF shall be allowed to request from UPLOADER copies of the Data and the Films.
- UPLOADER herby grants TISFF non-exclusive rights (“the Rights“), to make use and exploit the Films and the Data as follows:
- B) The right to make use of the Data and/or the Films, in whole or in part in publications, events etc. in order to promote the T-Port project and the T-PORT website, in any platform including but not limited to internet, mobile, social networks, on the T-PORT website and other websites.
- C) T-PORT shall be allowed to make use of the UPLOADERS logos/emblems etc. to promote the T-Port project and the website in the T-Port website in the T-Port Publications all in accordance with the website Data Policy.
- The rights are granted without any geo-limitations and/or territory worldwide.
This Agreement is governed by Israeli law and any dispute or challenge deriving from interpretation and/or execution of said Agreement is hereby awarded to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Tel Aviv.
I acknowledge and accept the terms of this agreement and the uploader’s participation on T-Port.